1. If your cat is relaxed, their tail will also be relaxed, in a gentle question mark shape.
2. The British Short hair cats is known to have no tail at all or a very short, stubby tail.
3. When you cat is annoyed, the tip of their tail starts to flick and twitch.
4. The Maine Coon cat has shorter hair on the tail then the rest of the body.
5. If your cat is frightened then the hair on their tail will stand up and puff the tail out.
6. The colour point markings on a cat include the face, ears and legs, but not the tail.
7. When your cat is being aggressive, their thumps the ground as a warning.
8. When approaching in a friendly manner, a cat's tail is held up in the air.
9. The tail is held in an upside down 'U' when a cat is playing chase.
10 Cats have 18-20 vertebrae in their tail.
11. Stud tail is a condition in unneutered male cats in which the oil glands on the top of the tail increase in size
12. In a classic tabby cat coat pattern, the stripes stop at the end of the body and must not ring the tail.
1. True 2. False 3. True 4. False 5. True 6. False 7. True 8. True 9. True 10. True 11. True 12. False
4-5 Caught cat-napping
7-9 Cat-egorically cool
10-12 Top cat!
We hope you enjoyed the quiz. How well did your human do?
Thomas O'Toole, Charlie O'Marley and Lola Fannola x